Position Title: Retail Services Associate
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Pay Range: $15.00
Hours: Full-Time, Non-exempt
Our Retail Services Associates serve as a welcoming and friendly ambassador of the Georgia O’Keeffe Museum gift shop. Retail Associates are responsible for a successful visitor experience at the O’Keeffe, providing quality customer service to ensure that visitor’s needs are met with promptness and professionalism.
Weekend and holiday work may be required.
Responsibilities include but not limited to
- Responsible for overall sales and operations by opening and closing procedures as outlined in Store manual, balancing the daily receipts, and keeping daily sales record.
- Helps with inventory control for publications, posters, tapes and other merchandise in Store.
- Assists supervisor with additional tasks as requested.
- Restocking as needed and cleaning/organizing to maintain store appearance and visual merchandising layout.
- Performs additional duties, either incidental or implied, consistent with the employee’s background or training which may be reasonably delegated as being in the best interest of the Museum.
Special Projects or Additional Duties
- Willing to cross train and work in other departments when needed
- Complete special projects or additional duties as assigned, and consistent with the skills, training, level of responsibility and other requirements for this position
Background and Qualifications
- GED or HS diploma, Required
- 1-2 years’ experience working in a front facing position in tourism, museums, hotels, or other concierge level services, required.
- Cash handling, credit card and cash drawer opening and reconciliation experience required
- Ability to operate Point of Sales systems
Skills and Abilities
- Superior customer service and interpersonal skills with ability to work with a wide
variety of visitors
- Enjoy talking with people from all backgrounds; clearly communicate area information, museum guidelines/policies, and other information as needed
- Willing to learn about Georgia O’Keeffe and related history; museum provides ongoing training; previous knowledge not required
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Able to work independently and handle multiple priorities
- Ability to work creatively and collaboratively in a team-based environment
- Standing for periods of time outdoors or inside
- Fluency in English required, additional languages preferred
This position is eligible for our full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Life Insurance and Short/Long Term disability, 403b retirement plan with employer match, museum membership, retail store discount, Employee Assistance Program, PTO, Paid Holidays and much more!
To be considered, please send your resume to:
The Georgia O’Keeffe Museum is an equal-opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment based on such factors as knowledge, education, skill, experience, the ability to perform required activities and availability, and without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, disability or any other legally protected status.