Deadwood History, Inc. (DHI) is currently seeking an Archivist. DHI is the nonprofit organization that oversees the operations of the Adams Museum, the Brothel Deadwood, the Days of ’76 Museum, the Historic Adams House, and the Homestake Adams Research and Cultural Center. DHI is located in Deadwood, South Dakota, in the heart of the beautiful Black Hills. Please visit our website at www.deadwoodhistory.com to find out more about DHI.
JOB TITLE: Archivist
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Responsible for care and management of the archival collections at the Homestake Adams Research and Cultural Center and making those collections accessible to the public.
· Process, arrange, and describe archival collections in accordance with accepted practices and standards.
· Create finding aids and indexes.
· Appraise potential collection additions and make recommendations for acquisition of new collections and de-accessioning of existing collections.
· Participate in the development and implementation of policies and standards for the archives.
· Train and supervise volunteers and interns.
· Promote collections through online exhibits, publications, presentations, and other outreach activities.
· Provide reference services to staff in support of exhibitions, publications, public programs, and other initiatives.
· Maintain DHI institutional records.
· Work closely with the curator of collections.
· Assist with special programs sponsored by DHI.
· Other duties as assigned.
Applicants must have a master’s degree in public history, information and library sciences, museum studies, or other appropriate field. Two years of applicable work experience is preferred. Knowledge of PastPerfect database software and Archivist Tool Kit.
The starting wage for this full-time position with benefits is $16.00-16.50/hour.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, current resume, and the names of three professional references. Send by mail to Carolyn Weber, Deadwood History, Inc., P.O. Box 252, Deadwood, SD 57732, or send by email to email@example.com
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 22, 2021
MPMA: A 10-State Regional Museum Association
Colorado, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas and Wyoming
1540 Yakima Drive | Colorado Springs, CO 80915T: 440-812-7221
| www.mpma.net | firstname.lastname@example.org
All content © 2002-2016 Mountain-Plains Museums Association (MPMA)