The Mountain-Plains Museums Association would like to invite you to submit a proposal for our 2021 conference, Breaking Barriers, Building Bridges, in the lovely city of Sioux Falls, South Dakota, October 5-8, 2021. This conference will provide museum professionals with the opportunity to share challenges that have arisen and ways in which barriers were overcome. Particular emphasis will be given to highlighting ideas that build better institutions by cultivating connections with their communities.
We hope you will consider sharing:
• Ways that you or your institution have built new community support
• Tips on how to bridge the gap to finding new donors or visitors to your sites
• Ideas representing common challenges for museums and historical sites that are not consistently addressed. Examples could include social issues, collections support, staffing struggles, fundraising, etc.
• Approaches to help build better futures for our institution and our profession
• Creative ways to engage the public or keep your museum in the public eye
• Plans to build new collaborations with other organizations to build a better connection in your community
Jessie Nesseim, Program Committee Co-Chair
Curator of Collections, Siouxland Heritage Museums, Sioux Falls, SD
Jason Harris, Program Committee Co-Chair
Director, Chisholm Trail Museum, Kingfisher, OK
If you need to add or change information to an already submitted proposal, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit a Proposal
DEADLINE FOR BREAKOUT SESSION PROPOSALS:
See below for tips and guidelines.
February 22, 2021